Sunday, October 30, 2016

Sunday..

 

Sitting in the valley down by the river, surrounded by mountains and the smell of cedar in the air, I tend not to care about the fact that I'm out a job this coming week. There's money to be made all around if I seek it, but right now all that matters is that I'm here.

This is what I came here for. This is where I love to be no matter what's happening in the 'real world'. This is the real world for me. I have arrived, I am home.

We scrambled down the rocks to find a spot to perch. Looking out to the waters, the life veins of Mother Earth, we are humbled to ask, please give us food today. The salmon are rolling in the distance. The sky is blue for the first time in 28 days.

November is steadily approaching, winter is coming up fast. Red and golden leaves switched out for bare branches. Several more weeks of grey skies, and snow up in the mountains. It's been over two years since I moved west. And still, I am always on the move...

forever forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment